Avenue NYC Commercial Revitalization
Avenue NYC Commercial Revitalization grants fund community-based development organizations (CBDOs) to carry out programs targeting commercial districts in low- and moderate-income communities. The program is funded by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development’s Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program.
In City Fiscal Year 2021 (FY21), the program will include:
- Grants of up to $100,000 per year over three years; maximum possible award = $300,000
- Dedicated funding for a full-time program manager
- Assistance for grantees to complete a Commercial District Needs Assessment (CDNA)
- OTPS funding to support projects informed by the CDNA findings
- In-depth group trainings and capacity building support
The program will help grantees to assess neighborhood needs and implement impactful, commercial revitalization projects.
Who Can Apply
- Nonprofit community-based organizations (BIDs, local development corporations, merchants associations, and other organizations) operating in low- and moderate-income neighborhoods within the five boroughs of New York City;
- Nonprofit organizations incorporated in New York State;
- Registered in the System for Award Management (SAM), www.sam.gov
- Compliant with annual State and Federal filing requirements, including New York State Charities Bureau filings.
Applications close at 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, April 5, 2020.