Avenue NYC Organizational Development Grants
Avenue NYC Organizational Development grants fund nonprofit organizations to provide services and technical assistance to enhance the project and fiscal management, program execution, legal compliance, leadership and strategic capabilities of community-based development organizations (CBDOs) implementing commercial revitalization activities benefiting low- to moderate-income communities across the five boroughs. Organizational Development grantees help our CBDOs partners do what they do better; these grants are not suitable for our place-based partners like BIDs, merchant organizations, or local development corporations.
Grantees will be awarded up to $100,000 per year for a period of one year. Proposals should identify capacity building services and knowledge transfer in the following areas:
- Fundraising, Nonprofit Financial Management, Communications and Marketing, Strategic Planning, Board Governance & Legal Compliance, Project Management, Community Engagement, Program Evaluation and Impact Measurement, Commercial District Needs Assessment, Merchant Organizing, Business Attraction and Retention, Facade improvement, Placemaking, District Marketing, Program and Service Design, and Public Space Management.
Who Can Apply
- Nonprofit organizations that support CBOs working in low- and moderate-income neighborhoods within the five boroughs of New York City;
- Incorporated as a nonprofit in New York State;
- Registered in the System for Award Management (SAM), www.sam.gov
- Compliant with annual State and Federal filing requirements, including New York State Charities Bureau filings.
Applications for Avenue NYC Organizational Development Grants are due by April 5, 2020, at 11:59 p.m.